All things that go!
- Riding the ferry
- Riding the cable cars
- Riding BART
- Riding the Tilden Steam Train
- Chabot Science Center – Planetarium movies are the best!
- Bay Area Discovery Museum
- Children’s Creativity Museum
- Oakland Zoo
- Berkeley Adventure Playground
- Jean Sweeney Open Space Park – awesome new playground!
- Alameda beach – baby waves perfect for tots and kids!
- UC Berkeley and Telegraph Ave. – walk down memory lane for me and lots of open space to wander around in.
- Oakland Fairyland
7. Salesforce Park. Rooftop garden with free books and art supplies and views for days!
Of course we also made time for things that us parents liked to do, and lucky for the kids they’re allowed to come along ;). This summer was full of movie matinees, camping trips, library hangs, picnics at wineries, and we even snuck out to a concert sans kids. I have to say it’s great to be the parent of a BIG kid.